Friday 5 September 2008

Helen Mirren - Oscar-winner Dame Helen Mirren Reveals Date Rape

Dame Helen Mirren was date-raped spell she was a pupil, she has revealed.

The Oscar-winning actress told GQ mag that she was locked in a room and forced to have sexuality "a couple of multiplication" during her college years but did not report the incidents because "you couldn't do that in those days".

The 63-year-old too opined that not all cases of the kind in which she was involved should go to court.

"It's such a cunning area, isn't it? Especially if there is no violence," she continued. "I mean, look at Mike Tyson. I don't think he was a rapist.

"I guess it is one of the many subtle parts of the men/women relationship that has to be negotiated and worked out betwixt them."

Dame Helen, an Oscar-winner for her enactment of the Queen, said she was "pretty naive" when she moved to London as a teenager.

"And I found guys were horrible, hateful, rude, insulting, and so without tone," she added.

"And I was looking for love and for individual who only liked me, made me laugh and was nice to me. And instead I hardly met all these creeps."

She went on: "I was [date-raped], yes. A couple of times.

"Not with exuberant violence, or being hit, but rather being locked in a room and made to have sex against my will."

The actress besides explained that she "loved coke" [cocain] during her younger years but stopped-up after learnedness of the drug-dealing success of Nazi war felonious Klaus Barbie.

"Until that mo I had never grasped the full horrifying structure of what brings coke to our parties in Britain," she told GQ interviewer Piers Morgan.





More information